Saturday, April 24, 2010

Installing Matrix 3.26 dependencies on Ubuntu 9.10

I know, I know, 10.04 is only days away.  But I feel bad I haven't updated the install instructions in so long.  I don't have a lot of time, but here are a few lines you can run on a clean install of Ubuntu Server 9.10 (I used F4 to install a minimal server from the bootup screen) to get all the dependencies in place.

Once the deps are in place, you can use the post-dependency instructions for the 8.10 install to get Matrix up and running.

I've tested this, it works with 3.26.3 (latest stable).  I've annotated command lines with a starting '#' so you don't get confused by word wrap on the blog.  You should be able to just copy and paste if you're logged in as root.  There's one line which starts with //, that's a comment on what to change in vi.

Here goes, enjoy ;)

# aptitude install antiword clamav curl elinks libapache2-mod-php5 memcached openssh-server php5 php5-cli php5-common php5-curl php5-dev php5-gd php5-ldap php5-memcache php-pear php5-pgsql php5-pspell php-getid3 poppler-utils postfix postgresql postgresql-server-dev-8.4 screen spidermonkey-bin tidy

# pear channel-update pear.php.net ; pear upgrade-all ; pear install --force DB MDB2 Mail Mail_Mime XML_HTMLSax XML_Parser Text_Diff Mail_Queue HTTP_Request HTTP_Client Net_URL Image_Graph Image_Color Image_Canvas Numbers_Roman Numbers_Words Services_JSON ; pear install pear/MDB2#pgsql

# vi /etc/default/memcached
// change no to yes

# service memcached start

# wget http://matrix.squiz.net/__data/assets/file/0007/58138/mysource_3-26-3.tar.gz

# cd /var/www ; tar xzf ~/mysource_3-26-3.tar.gz ; cd mysource_matrix

Let me know if you have any troubles, I check comments from time to time.

Matrixblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment